Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 6!



Day 6: 
0 miles
Beaufort/Savannah
Docked. 

God Day, Good Day! 
First of all I apologize for not pos
ting yesterday. I kept pretty busy all day and went to bed early. Anyway, we are in the sleepy town of Beaufort, SC. Its so charming and beautiful here. I definitely recommend it for a weekend get-a-way. So yesterday we hung out, washed the boat. And when your boat is 53 feet over all, its a hefty job. And so we finished the boat and went to lunch and a little place called Hemingway's (which is ok, but I think we'll try something different next time). Then we went on a carriage ride through the historical district of town. We were in a buggy with 12 other people, pulled a lovely Belgian draft named Butch. After our tour
 I took a bike ride through town to do some shopping. Ladies, if you are ever in town, there is a wonderful boutique called "Beaufort Clothing Company" and a shoe store: "Divine Shoes".  To top off our day in Beaufort we went to dinner at "The Dockside" by a local suggestion. 

So today we spent a few hours in Savannah!! It was so pretty!! The city has done a lot to preserve the historical heritage of the city. Dad and I went on a trolley tour of the city and got off halfway to take a walk down river street. There were many cool shops and the architecture was absolutely stunning! If you are ever there I recommend that you take the Orange and Green Trollies... 
So its been an exciting few days here in the South! Tomorrow we head to Charleston for the evening! I talked Dad into going later in the day so we can catch a ghost tour!! I'll let you know how it goes!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment